With Bluetooth-in, the BMV Smart is ready for the internet of things (IoT) era. With Bluetooth being implemented in most other Victron Energy products, wireless communication between products will simplify system installation and enhance performance.
What's In The Kit?
• BMV 712
• BMV square bezel
• 500A/50mV shunt
• 10m UTP cable ( for connection between shunt and monitor)
• Positive supply cable with fuse
Download The Victron Bluetooth App
Use a Smartphone or other Bluetooth enabled device to:
• Customize settings
• Monitor all important data on a single screen
• View historical data
• Update the software when new features become available
Easy To Install
All electrical connections are to the quick connect PCB on the current shunt. The shunt connects to the monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Included: RJ12 Cable (10m) and battery cable with fuse (2m); no other components needed. Also included are a separate front bezel for a square or round display appearance, a securing ring for rear mounting and screws for front mounting.
Midpoint Voltage Monitoring
One bad cell or one bad battery can destroy a large, expensive battery bank. When batteries are connected in series, a timely warning can be generated by measuring the midpoint voltage. We recommend Victron's Battery Balancer to maximize the service life of series-connected lead-acid batteries.
Very Low Current Draw From The Battery
Current Consumption: 0.7Ah per month (1mA) @ 12V and 0.6Ah per month (0/8mA) @24V Especially Li-ion batteries have no capacity left when discharged until low voltage shutdown. After shutdown due to low cell voltage, the capacity reserve is 1Ah per 100Ah battery capacity. The battery will be damaged if the remaining capacity reserve is drawn from the battery. A residual current of 10mA, for example, may damage a 200Ah battery if the system is left in a discharged state during more than 8 days.
Bi-Stable Alarm Relay
Prevents increased current draw in case of an alarm.
• Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed and state of charge
• Remaining time at the current rate of discharge
• Programmable visual and audible alarm
• 500amp Quick connect shunt and connection kit
• VE.Direct communication port
• An additional input to measure voltage (of a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage and corresponding alarm and relay settings
Installation & Dimensions:
• Installation: Flush mount
• Front: 63mm diameter
• Front bezel: 69mm x 69mm
• Body diameter: 52mm
• Body depth: 31mm